Legislative action center
Call to Action: the Macy Cogswell Act
Your call can help prevent visually-impaired kids from getting lost in the educational system. Get the facts about this vital legislation at afb.org
All Council members are activists. We are on the frontline, moving together and speaking with one clear voice to create legislative and regulatory changes that benefit people living with vision loss and their families. Below you will find useful resources. Fact sheets on hot issues will be posted on this page as they arise. If you have questions, please contact WCB's Legislative Chair Denise Colley at (360) 438-0072.
Legislative hotline in Olympia? TOLL-FREE HOTLINE: 1-800-562-6000
Register to vote in Washington State
Find your legislator
Find your Congressmen
Information for Voters with Disabilities
The Secretary of State offers resources so you can vote independently and privately.
Washington State Legislature Home Page
This site helps you track bills and find a list of legislators, their committees, districts, counties, and legislative assistants.
Washington State Human Rights Commission
This Commission offers help with filing a complaint, and help with employment and fair housing issues.
Legislation passed with the help of the Council and NFB
- Layla's Law It is a violation of state law to interfere with a guide dog or service animal.
- White Cane Law of Washington State Under state law, people with vision impairment have the same rights as able-bodied people in transportation and public access.
- Braille Instruction Definitions State law defines who can receive braille instruction.
- Braille Instruction Assessment Provision in student curriculum
- State and Federal Laws Related to Guide Dogs